Monday Morning Inspiration: Bucket List 2014
2014 feels like a big year for me in a lot of ways. At the start I was actually dreading it due to a few sudden closures that December 2013 brought along with itself, until a friend inspired me to create a bucket list for this year. I can't believe what an uplifting exercise this proved to be, to think about what I wanted to accomplish personally and professionally, for just plain fun and for growth. Here are some items that I am looking forward to checking off my list this year.
1. Improve my photoshop skills. It's been many years since I've been using Photoshop and while my skills are pretty okay and allow me to pass by as much as I need to, I would really like to become a pro at it (also at photography, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!). Online skillshare courses, here I come...
2. Changes in my business. Many of you know about my small Etsy shop that I started last year I'm still actually pretty nervous about it, but the time seems right to make some changes and additions to it and although some pieces are being implemented as we speak, it will all come together by summer, fingers crossed...
3. Become a better mother. Becoming a mother has been such an enriching experience for me. My demanding two year old son keeps me on my toes 24/7 and I feel like I have become a better person just being around him. There is just so much that I have learned in the past two years since I became a mom and I am looking forward to continuing this role every day for the rest of my life.
4. Wander more. Traveling to foreign countries, exploring their history and culture is something my husband and I enjoy doing immensely. I got to take a lot of fun trips last year and I am hoping that this is something that continues this year too.
5. Continue my fitness routine. Exercising is a fantastic way to bust stress and stay young. I make a special bucket list dedicated entirely towards my food & fitness regime each year. And while last year I was more focused on cardio and losing the last of those stubborn pregnancy kilos, this year is going to be more about strength training and toning for me.
Of course I have some personal to-do's that I'm working on and keeping to myself too. I find that writing down a priority or a goal helps me focus on it well and brings me one step closer to achieving it.
So what about you? Do you have a bucket list for 2014, and beyond?